Reasons to Love the PRP Facial
Ever since the very first injectable was developed, we have seen a shift in the world of beauty. Sure, there are still immense benefits to be gained from treatment with a reputable plastic surgeon, but not everyone needs a facelift to address the signs of aging that concern them. In our Houston office, patients are continually impressed with the improvements they can achieve with a PRP facial.
What is a PRP Facial?
The PRP facial is a two-step treatment process that involves a powerful duo of technique and product. What is incredible about this is the organic nature of the product we apply to the skin: a product of your own blood. PRP is platelet-rich plasma, it is like the crème-de-la-crème of your blood. Platelet-rich plasma contains numerous growth factors, each of which has a regenerative effect on human tissue.
Contrary to what some people believe about the average PRP facial, this procedure does not involve injecting your blood into your face. The process follows specific steps:
- Topical numbing cream is applied to all areas of the face or other region being treated (a PRP facial is great for the neck and décolletage). This needs to stay on the skin for about 40 minutes.
- While numbing medication is taking effect, we draw blood from the arm. This is just like getting routine lab work done.
- The blood we obtain is placed in a machine that spins at high-speed. The velocity of the centrifuge forces red blood cells and other product to separate from plasma. Plasma is actually colorless!
- After the numbing cream has reached full effect, we wipe the skin clean and begin treatment with microneedling. A small device is passed over the skin. The applicator tip is covered in several tiny needles, which penetrate the skin a few millimeters deep.
- The creation of tiny microchannels causes an immediate regenerative response in which the body produces more collagen.
- After the entire face has been treated with the microneedling device, the skin is wiped clean (slight bleeding occurs) and the PRP liquid is applied across the entire treatment area.
- A second pass of the microneedling device may be performed to encourage full absorption of the PRP solution.
Why Would Anyone Want to Do This?
PRP facials are a popular method of promoting cellular renewal. Men and women who want to postpone the onset of aging or reduce acne scarring enjoy the benefits of this treatment, as do older adults who have cosmetic concerns such as age spots, sun damage, melasma, stretch marks, and tissue laxity.
Are you interested in non-surgical facial rejuvenation? Contact our Houston office at (713)955-6560 to schedule your PRP facial.