Five Reasons People are Loving Kybella
No one chooses to develop a double chin; and yet, this is one of the most common problems we see among men and women of all ages. Having a double chin eludes to having a weight problem even when you have very little extra fat elsewhere on the body. Historically, the way to eliminate a double chin has been to have liposuction and possibly a neck lift. Obviously, surgery is a poor solution because it is not accessible to very many people. In our Houston office, double chins – and even bra fat – are routinely treated with Kybella, one of the latest and greatest in the world of injectables.
Since Kybella gained FDA approval a few years back, millions of men and women have obtained treatment and have been enjoying all the benefits it provides. Some of the reasons for the popularity of Kybella include:
- Fast procedure. Each patient needs a particular number of injections to obtain their desired result and the size of the treatment area. However, most treatments are completed within about 20 minutes. After a Kybella appointment, it is possible to resume normal activities right away because side effects such as swelling and redness are minimal.
- Minimally invasive technique. Kybella is a far cry from chin liposuction. This gentle technique involves gridding the treatment area and administering injections according to that map. Thanks to a small needle-size, treatment is also very comfortable.
- Permanent results. Kybella is an injectable procedure that works differently than liposuction but achieves the same objective. The introduction of deoxycholic acid into an area of localized fat causes cells to break down. The body then metabolizes this fat and eliminates it for good. Because fat cells are destroyed, they will not come back.
- Convenient visits. It may take a few sessions to reach the desired degree of fat-reduction. However, every visit is made as convenient as possible. There is no need for general anesthesia, though we may apply topical numbing medication and let it soak in for a short time. Because we are familiar with each patient’s needs after their initial consultation, treatment is prepared and ready to go at the time of service.
- Younger appearance. Excess fat beneath the chin doesn’t just elude to weight, it gives an appearance of age. Many patients who eliminate their double chin with Kybella express that they feel completely rejuvenated after shedding excess fatty tissue.
See what Kybella can do for you! Call our Houston office at 713-955-6560.